British Pipe Thread Gauges BSPT, BSPP
British Pipe Thread Gauges – 55 degree Whitworth Thread Form. Whitworth Pipe Threads are used almost exclusively by countries which are otherwise on the metric system
Call or email sizes for pricing Ph 866-945-5742 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out below Quick Quote Form for sizes needed.
British Pipe Thread Gauges
- G Series British Standard Pipe - Parallel ( Straight ) BSP or BSPF
- Also referred to as British Gas, British Pipe Parallel or Parallel Fastening thread.
- Various Symbols: (G) BSPT, BSP, BSPP, BSSPI, BSPF, BSPG, PS, R, G, BSPTr, PT, KR, Rc.
- There are two classes of external threads: "A" (close fit) and "B" (free fit).
- Class "B" is used unless Class "A" is specified.
- Call for Class "A" ring and set plug gage pricing System A and the threads are modified teeth, not full form such as British Whitworth. .
BSPP means it is a straight thread.
Modified - Plugs Major diameter
Rings - Minor Diameter
Also, provided medium class from BS2779.
G is the full form- where the Go Gages has radius.
Rings - Class A or B
Plug No Class
BSPT is a tapered thread that is modified again
System A or B
RC/R is a tapered thread Full Form
System A or B
System A is plus or minus a turn from notch location vs System B which uses the back face of the gage to check for maximum material. These gages also come in truncated or full form. The difference being is the truncated crest will allow you to check the pitch diameter but not the radius. The full form allows you to check the radius of the thread
Symbols Type of Thread
R, Rc, Rp (BSPT) British Taper Pipe Threads & Gages
G (BSPP) British Straight Pipe Threads & Gages
BSW, BSF British Parallel Screw Threads of Whitworth Form
BA British Screw Threads