Taft-Peirce Standard Bench Centers Features:
- Taft-Peirce standard bench centers offer a fast, accurate method of inspecting work on arbors, mandrels or directly between centers.
- Heavy-duty, cast iron beds are ruggedly proportioned with internal ribbing for maximum strength.
- Head and tailstocks are also made from close-grained cast iron. Each is supplied with a 3/4″ x 60° male center with a modified #2 Morse taper.
- Head and tailstocks are machined in pairs with center axes held alike in height within 0.0005″.
- Alignment of head and tailstocks is maintained by keys, which fit in an accurately located 1/2″ t-slot in the bed.
- The center in the headstock is fixed.
- The tailstock center is in a spring-loaded, lockable sleeve.
- Beds have four adjustable leveling buttons.
- Standard bench centers are supplied complete with ground bed, headstock, tailstock and centers.
- Optional sizes of head and tailstocks are available.
- Dial indicator and mounting brackets are also available.