Granite Surface Plates:
- Surface Plate Stands Stationary and rolling stands are available
- Surface Plate Cleaner Keep surface plates and other precision granite products in top condition
- Surface Plate Cover Protect your plates precise flatness and micro-finish from abrasive dust.
Crystal Pink Granite Surface Plates
- Surface Finish
- Even distribution of large quartz crystals provides a smooth finish, which virtually eliminates wear on the surface plate and the instruments used on it. This fine micro-finish, combined with the natural voids in the surface, prevents wringing and provides a velvety-smooth tool action.
- Wear Life
- Our experience with surface plate performance in customers’ plants shows that non-quartz-bearing granite in average daily use requires relapping about once a year. Crystal Pink plates used in these same plants have only required relapping once every three- to five years.
Black Granite Surface Plates
- For general inspection work, for working plates throughout the shop and load carrying applications.
- The properties of black granite surface plates include a high modulus of elasticity, tight porosity and very fine grain. Since they contain no crystalline quartz, their wear life is less than that of Crystal Pink. However, they have a very fine finish and meet flatness requirements equally well.
See Resources for more information.