FW2-1M-USB FlexWedge USB Single Input Gage Interface Features:
- Plug and Play USB, no setup required
- Includes both USB (Virtual ComPort) and HID USB (Keyboard) output
- Continuously/stream readings from a device (up to 30 readings/second)
- TIR Mode with MIN/MAX/TIR output
- Advanced HID features:
– Powerful spreadsheet functions:
-Send readings to specific cells
-Date/time stamp data
-Move up/down/tab/return to beginning
– Populate your existing customer report templates
- Advanced VCP features:
– Advanced configuration options for customizing the data transfer methods and formats
– Select output format to emulate popular interface formats
– Capture data using standard SPC software designed to read the Comport(serial port)
– Host commands for data sending
- Connect multiple FlexWedge USBs to a PC using standard USB hub
- Use standard gage cables to send data via USB connection
- Select the best gage for your process, when your needs change, so can your interface
The FlexWedge USB Gage Interface (FW2-1M-USB) is designed for interfacing (convert and connect) most measuring instruments to a computer via the USB port.
It’s like the Mitutoyo Input Tool (264-012-10) but so much more!
The FlexWedge is a multi-function interface that includes both HID (keyboard emulation) and VCP (Virtual ComPort emulation).
HID – Keyboard Emulation
No setup is required. The FlexWedge USB will work right out of the box. Connect the FlexWedge directly to any USB port on the computer and collect data immediately. The PC will see the FlexWedge as an additional keyboard and immediately allow readings to be entered into any program. Gage readings appear as if they were typed on the keyboard numeric pad. Now readings are displayed just like you typed them…no data errors!
Eliminate data entry errors from transcribed numbers or other human errors. Enter data into spreadsheets or database with ease. All programs ‘see’ the data as if typed on the keyboard, eliminating the need for extra software to populate spreadsheets, documents, databases, etc. By default the gage readings are sent followed by a carriage return. Like all the interfaces manufactured by Midwest FlexSystems, the output is configurable to meet custom needs.
Custom features like sending Date/Time Stamps to spreadsheets, capturing Min/Max/TIR readings, navigation within your software to the data entry column or up and down arrows, and more can be configured to get the most out of the FlexWedge USB. Just enter the configuration menu and select the custom option you desire.
VCP – Virtual Com Port Emulation
If you would load the driver (included) for the FlexWedge USB you will be able to access advanced features as well as capture data from a Virtual ComPort (VCP). The computer will treat the FlexWedge like a serial port – just like previous DB9 or DB25 serial ports. The FlexWedge USB will send data that can be captured by any software you choose. Most SPC software have a driver for the standard format used by all Midwest FlexSystem products.
Software written to communicate or capture readings from com ports will see the FlexWedge USB as a new available port.
The FlexWedge comes with an installation CD that includes the driver for com port setup and also the software to figure the FlexWedge.
Software includes Midwest FlexTerm Terminal software and a Setup software for easy and intuitive setup of advanced features.
•Date/Time stamping of data into spreadsheets
•Continuous sending of data
•Change the line terminator (EOF – End of Field)