Measuring tasks should be carried out with accuracy and precision in order to achieve top-notch production related quality assurance. In addition to that, the measuring instrument should have enough flexibility to give accurate results. If a measuring device is employed for a large number of applications instead of just measuring tasks, expensive devices can be saved.
This sort of flexibility is provided by the handy Mahr Multimar 844 T measuring gage, which can be employed for all measurement tasks in production, thanks to its wide array of accessories. As per the modular principle, one can prepare the measuring device for specific measuring tasks. This includes the measurement of:
- Inside and Outside Tapers
- Narrow Shoulders
- Outside and inside threads
- Outside and inside dimensions
Accessories can Make an Impact
The tilt-resistant measuring movement on the workpiece can be ensured with the 3-point support of the stop element and the study arm elements. Rest and mounting blocks are included in the standard delivery, as they offer practical assistance in mounting the accessories and are employed for safe storage of the device. The dial gage is protected by a protection bar against a false misalignment while storing it and preventing any sort of damage that may occur.
In order to cope with environmental conditions at the workshop, accessories are generally built of stainless steel. For Multimar 844 T measuring device, Mahr has specially designed a setting device 844 S, which along with its intricate accessories ensure repeatable and safe setting of length dimensions. Bulky workarounds using masterpieces or loose gage blocks are now a thing of the past.
High Precision is the Key
Along with flexibility, the measuring device ensures a high degree of precision. The constant measuring force combined with a ball-bearing guidance, and thus low-friction and low-backlash allows reproducible and accurate measurement results. The device has been a popular choice for many users over the years, and it has proven its worth time and again.
The quality of measurement information is influenced by managing three things:
- Conditions: This includes maintenance of a robust internal quality, training of personnel and controlling influencing factors.
- Processes: This involves using process control measures, documenting and validating software and procedures and rigorous test design.
- Measuring and testing equipment: This is to make sure the equipment meets the process conditions and environment for its proposed use and calibration is done periodically to maintain the required levels of performance. In case you fail to calibrate, it can lead to negative impact on deliverables and degraded performance. Too frequent calibrations can raise the equipment performance, but at a higher cost and limited availability.
There are plenty of metrology and calibration laboratories, but the question is, how do you specify and manage the process of getting calibration service as per your requirement. It is not all about being well-equipped to handle measuring tasks, but also such instruments should be calibrated to give precise readings, as and when required.